John J. W. Rogers
Specialty: Global Tectonics and Environmental Geology
Department of Geological Sciences
Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, 1955.
- A variety of topics, most of which deal with the areas where geochemistry overlaps the study of the nature:
- origin, and significance of both igneous and sedimentary rocks.
- application of petrology to studies of evolution of the continental crust.
- The effect of the Earth on human activities, both in the past and at present.
- The origin and dispersal of supercontinents.
1999 book titled "History and Environment of North Carolina's Piedmont" by John J. W. Rogers available in Adobe PDF.
2004 book titled Continents and Supercontinents by John J.W. Rogers and M. Santosh; published by Oxford University Press.
People and the Earth, by John J.W. Rogers and P. Geoffrey Feiss. Cambridge University Press, 1998. hardback ISBN 0-521-56028-4; paperback
Earth Science and Human History 101, by John John J.W. Rogers and Trileigh Tucker. Greenwood Press, 2008. hardback ISBN 9780313355585
Based on results of the Piedmont Environmental Project, Rogers is currently finishing a book dealing with the environmental impact of human growth on the North Carolina Piedmont region
John Rogers taks a whimsical look at gradschool in "The Care and Feeding Of Thesis Advisors"